Welcome!

I am not an expert, this advice is intended to be helpful and humorous, with flashes of wit. Please know this is a futile attempt at getting the world to do things the way I see fit.

If you need advice on any topic, I'm happy to help you by either giving my own recommendations, or seeking out recommendations from others, then claiming them as my own. If you have no sense of humor, please do not read this blog.

How it works...please post a question in the comments section of the blog (or send me an email if you'd like more anonymity). I'll post it with my advice. Take the advice, leave the advice, but don't let me tell you
"I told you so!"

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Advice evolved

In my 20's, during a period of time where I considered dating a bit of a sport, I used to joke with friends a lot about relationships. My favorite saying at the time was that:

"Communication was the root of all evil"

I know, it is pretty impractical, and is a pretty good indicator of just how superficial many of the relationships I had were. While the "Communication is the root of all evil" strategy was effective for dating a lot of people at one time, and certainly a workable strategy for a person who isn't sure of who she is and where she's going, for my current stage in life, it is certainly a perscription for misunderstandings and frustration.

Obviously, marriage, life experience, and a little frustration cured me of such a flimsy strategy, and I've been giving some thought lately to my current approach. For better or worse, I have become a

"Rip off the band-aid" person. When faced with crises, challenges, or even simple decisions, I'm finding that dealing with what is in front of me in the most effective way possible seems to work out well. It frees me up to enjoy the benefits of good decisions, and quickly deal with the aftermath of bad decisions I've made. We have such limited control over our lives, why not deal with what we can and enjoy our circumstances to the best of our ability? Just an idea for you advice seekers out there, whatever your stage in life, I hope you have a good approach and a lot of enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment