Welcome!

I am not an expert, this advice is intended to be helpful and humorous, with flashes of wit. Please know this is a futile attempt at getting the world to do things the way I see fit.

If you need advice on any topic, I'm happy to help you by either giving my own recommendations, or seeking out recommendations from others, then claiming them as my own. If you have no sense of humor, please do not read this blog.

How it works...please post a question in the comments section of the blog (or send me an email if you'd like more anonymity). I'll post it with my advice. Take the advice, leave the advice, but don't let me tell you
"I told you so!"

Monday, September 19, 2011

Just Breathe

It kind of cracks me up that the thing that can help you most to focus your mind, become more flexible, meditate, calm yourself, clear your mind, and shift perspective is something that you do pretty much involuntarily. What does that mean?

Breathing, focusing on your breath, "breathing into it", and taking "cleansing breaths" have been effective tools for me over the past few years.

Child screaming at operatic levels in supermarket? Deep breath.

Mindless chatter, negative thoughts, and football game blaring in the background? Breathe.

Poop on the carpet? Deep breath (s).

Matchbox car thrown at your head? Breathe.

Trying to enjoy the minute of silence before you need to dive back into the chaos of dropping off, picking up, errands, work, friends, neighbors, teachers and family? Just breathe.

Its free, its good for you, and it can offer a little reprieve or even a reverie in your day.

Now, back to the fray....

No comments:

Post a Comment