Welcome!

I am not an expert, this advice is intended to be helpful and humorous, with flashes of wit. Please know this is a futile attempt at getting the world to do things the way I see fit.

If you need advice on any topic, I'm happy to help you by either giving my own recommendations, or seeking out recommendations from others, then claiming them as my own. If you have no sense of humor, please do not read this blog.

How it works...please post a question in the comments section of the blog (or send me an email if you'd like more anonymity). I'll post it with my advice. Take the advice, leave the advice, but don't let me tell you
"I told you so!"

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Three's a Crowd

Q: What should you do when you're on a date and your date is being hit on?

A: It is true that something is instantly more desirable once it is in another person's possession. It is also true that people, in general, are insensitive and lack self-awareness. If you are on a date, and your date is being pursued by another, I think the best thing to do is address it as soon as possible, as calmly as possible. Jealousy has never helped anyone accomplish anything other than looking like a jerk, so try your very best to stay calm and rational (easier said than done, I know). When you're on a date, the best thing you can do is make a concentrated effort to enjoy the time you're spending with the person you're with. It is hard to do that if you're caught up in the heated feelings of jealousy or anger. To try and salvage your night, think of what you can do to resolve the issue. Do you need to move locations away from the idiot vixen who is trying to ruin your time? Do you need your date to focus more on you and less on the busty cocktail waitress who is dictating her phone number in your man's ear? Whatever you need to move past the uncomfortable hurdle of an uninvited third wheel, do it.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to share a few more dating tips...
1. Do show up on time
2. Do not reference previous dates, spouses, lovers and the wonderful times you had with them at the location of your current date.
3. Keep the conversation going. Ask questions and listen to the answers.
4. Do not invite additional people on your date without your date's permission. This would be classified as a BAD surprise.
5. Make a plan for what you're going to do on your date, and if you can, make a back-up plan.
6. On a first date, don't go too far away, if things aren't working out, you'll each want to make a quick exit!

No comments:

Post a Comment