Welcome!

I am not an expert, this advice is intended to be helpful and humorous, with flashes of wit. Please know this is a futile attempt at getting the world to do things the way I see fit.

If you need advice on any topic, I'm happy to help you by either giving my own recommendations, or seeking out recommendations from others, then claiming them as my own. If you have no sense of humor, please do not read this blog.

How it works...please post a question in the comments section of the blog (or send me an email if you'd like more anonymity). I'll post it with my advice. Take the advice, leave the advice, but don't let me tell you
"I told you so!"

Monday, January 21, 2013

Sledgehammer



I thought I might just get a chance to break down a door today.  It was locked and blocking me from my next step and I thought, rather than work slowly, painfully, without any hope, maybe I’ll just get that sledgehammer and break the door down.  It will be expensive, it will cause a lot of damage, but I’ll get that immediate solution I’m yearning for and a freedom from being blocked.  Jamming my fist against the door, my arms, my legs, and rattling the foundation of the house I realized; this is exactly how I feel in my life.  I want the quick cure. My life is blocked by a door and it keeps stopping me from doing the things I want to, and I am tired of being locked out.  I keep trying and trying and reading and working and still coming up against this door that is stopping my son and it keeps getting worse as he gets older.  We make progress, true.  But there are always these locked doors with no relief in sight.  I want my child to recover.  And if I could do a quick fix, make a change that would elicit results to get us to recovery;  I would do that and more without hesitation.  

I didn’t break down the door.  I desperately wanted to, wanted to see if I could take my temper that far out and demolish what was blocking me.  Instead, I used a grocery store coupon card.  Thanks to the advice of my husband, I worked it back and forth.  Saw no hope of making progress, just jammed it into a space and made it fit.  Kept pushing, shoving, and muscling slowly until the card popped the door open at last.  The lesson?  Get new door hardware in the house.    

No comments:

Post a Comment