Welcome!

I am not an expert, this advice is intended to be helpful and humorous, with flashes of wit. Please know this is a futile attempt at getting the world to do things the way I see fit.

If you need advice on any topic, I'm happy to help you by either giving my own recommendations, or seeking out recommendations from others, then claiming them as my own. If you have no sense of humor, please do not read this blog.

How it works...please post a question in the comments section of the blog (or send me an email if you'd like more anonymity). I'll post it with my advice. Take the advice, leave the advice, but don't let me tell you
"I told you so!"

Friday, October 29, 2010

Personal Anthem

I was recently lucky enough to be sitting at dinner with some dear friends when we got to a rare break in conversation. After a moment, I asked the girls; "What is your personal anthem?". I was SHOCKED! I looked around at the faces I've known for so long and saw an audience of blank and quizzical faces. Apparently not everyone has put as much time and attention into deciding their personal anthem as yours truly.

The personal anthem comes into play at a variety of times. When you're walking down the street, when you're having a bad day, when you're waiting for a job interview, or when you win the lottery. At moments of triumph and moments of trial, the personal anthem can be a great thing to have playing in your head. When practicing walking down the runway in the privacy of your own home, doing the dishes or sweeping the floor, it's nice to have a song that you sing to yourself.

I hope you all take a moment to think of your personal anthem today. Think of the song that you feel best describes YOU, where you are in your life, what you value, what you aspire to be, or even what simply makes you laugh.

Obviously, I have a personal anthem. I've had a few over the years, but at this moment in time, my personal anthem is "Aint Nothing Going to Hold Me Down" by Men at Work. Which is TOTALLY random, but I find it suits me and my life at this time. I hope you all have a chance to ponder your anthems over the weekend, and ask a friend what theirs might be, you might just learn something fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment