Welcome!

I am not an expert, this advice is intended to be helpful and humorous, with flashes of wit. Please know this is a futile attempt at getting the world to do things the way I see fit.

If you need advice on any topic, I'm happy to help you by either giving my own recommendations, or seeking out recommendations from others, then claiming them as my own. If you have no sense of humor, please do not read this blog.

How it works...please post a question in the comments section of the blog (or send me an email if you'd like more anonymity). I'll post it with my advice. Take the advice, leave the advice, but don't let me tell you
"I told you so!"

Monday, August 30, 2010

NERD ALERT!

Fashion is a funny thing. It seems to me that what is deemed as "in fashion" is defined as such by a majority. Right now, and perhaps for a while, it seems the fashioins have taken a turn for the quirky. Maybe it's because I'm over 30 and I'm more comfortable with myself, maybe it's because I'm a stay at home mom and have the freedom to do so, or maybe, just maybe I'm doing it's socially acceptable to do it and I have no guts, but I have decided to FINALLY embrace my INNER NERD.

Those who know me well are all asking themselves right now "Inner nerd? Jeez, is that going to be larger than the nerd she already shows publicly?!!!???"

Well the answer to that is YES. I am enjoying the movement in our culture towards embracing the unique, the original, the nerdy. From now on, I'm making a concentrated effort to listen to my inner-nerd. Yes, I like "Star Trek". And would love to sit and talk philosophy with anyone who has the time to spare. I think my life and wardrobe would be a lot more fun with a bedazzler. I'm totally comfortable belting out the entire soundtrack to the musical "Wicked" in my car and I'm starting to encourage the kids to sing along with total abandon as well. I'm ready to be free of trying to look cool (this is easier for me since I RARELY look cool). But I think it's time for all of us to consider letting more of our true interests and thoughts shine through our public persona. I know there are times where it is important to censor ourselves and try to fit in. But I graduated from high school. A WHILE AGO!

I invite you to join me on my nerd quest. I think when we let down our guard and act as true to ourselves as possible, everyone ends up having a lot more fun. Now I just need to find out when the next Star Trek convention is. Truly, I've always wanted to go to one.

1 comment:

  1. I love it and am going to embrace my inner nerd and roll with that philosphy for a while. While I will not be discussing any philosophy with you unless it is after vast amounts of vino and we usually know that I don't last too long anyways. I love the blog!

    ReplyDelete