Welcome!

I am not an expert, this advice is intended to be helpful and humorous, with flashes of wit. Please know this is a futile attempt at getting the world to do things the way I see fit.

If you need advice on any topic, I'm happy to help you by either giving my own recommendations, or seeking out recommendations from others, then claiming them as my own. If you have no sense of humor, please do not read this blog.

How it works...please post a question in the comments section of the blog (or send me an email if you'd like more anonymity). I'll post it with my advice. Take the advice, leave the advice, but don't let me tell you
"I told you so!"

Monday, September 26, 2016

All I need is a miracle....




I find myself asking for a miracle, then correcting myself, and rather, asking for another miracle.  I’ve been granted many already.  And while I wouldn’t say I’ve wasted them, there is doubtless room for improvement on my part at receiving them.  Being born (I’d wager that was miracle one for me).  And a myriad of others granted prior to the time I turned 18.  Olivia being healthy and recovering from her surgery – another biggie I begged for.   

Now I want another one, and am self-aware enough to realize, I’d be lying if I said this would be my last miracle request.  I want Blake to be cured from Autism.  I want him to miraculously snap into being a boy with a brain that works in the world at large.  I want to have autism be over.  For this part of my life to grow old, into a distant memory of; “ Oh, remember those years…oh boy, they were something.”.  I would be completely unprepared for this miracle to happen, and likely would be in utter disbelief if it did occur.  And looking around at life today, I wonder if I may not get the miracle I’m looking for, but possibly a number of others over time.

Maybe my miracle will be granted one eye-contact, one appropriate phrase, one teeny-tiny, molecular step at a time.  Or, maybe the miracle will not be in getting what I’ve requested, and the life that follows will be the miracle.  I don’t know, as there is no miracle hotline and I don’t have a delorian to visit the future.  So for now, I am sitting with my long list of requests, but trying to keep my eyes open to see when they are granted.  To not miss the miracles that are given every day and meant to be relished and shared.  Like the pink clouds at sunset, or roaring laughter, or the small ones, the just- for- you miracles – moments that squeeze your heart and give you chills. 

And then, there are many that would say; his autism IS your miracle.  And "they" would be right.  Because it has taken me to insane places, put me in the path of incredible people and truly changed my life so far.  This experience has pulled my heart out of my chest, stretched it to the sky and thrown it down a rabbit hole and tied that heart right back together to put it in my chest for another day.  So I get that I'm selfish, short sighted and overall a terrible person for the miracle request, but at least I'm being truthful.  

When was your last miracle?  Which ones are at the top of your list?  Which ones are you grateful were not granted?

No comments:

Post a Comment