Welcome!

I am not an expert, this advice is intended to be helpful and humorous, with flashes of wit. Please know this is a futile attempt at getting the world to do things the way I see fit.

If you need advice on any topic, I'm happy to help you by either giving my own recommendations, or seeking out recommendations from others, then claiming them as my own. If you have no sense of humor, please do not read this blog.

How it works...please post a question in the comments section of the blog (or send me an email if you'd like more anonymity). I'll post it with my advice. Take the advice, leave the advice, but don't let me tell you
"I told you so!"

Sunday, March 20, 2016

What a Feelin!

So, there are times when I feel super young and relevant and hip.  And then, there are times, like this week, when I was rocking out to the song "What a Feeling" and pull into the valet to hand my automobile over to a 20-something male, and the GLARING, jarring reality watersheds through my brain to snap me into reality.  I'm old.  Not cane and walker old, but definitely, certainly, NOT hip.

For the most part, this truth is one that makes me happy.  I'm cool with not being cool.  I'm grateful that I never needed to learn to twerk.  Relieved that snap chat, "Insta", and all of those other social media outlets I'm too old to even reference here weren't around for me to figure out in my teens and 20's.

It is all a bit mystifying, however, since I'm not actually old enough to be old.  I'm not even technically at a mid-point if we assume I'll live as long as the average person does.  All that I can say is that I am definitely not young.  At almost 37, I'm more at the point of hearing "'Oh you look so young!!" with the implied... for your age ...  omitted but certainly understood.  And I'm grateful for the compliment!  At this stage; married, with children, the compliments are scarce.  The semi-overly interested, but harmless, guy at the dry cleaner telling me I look beautiful can stop me in my tracks for its novelty and add a buoyancy to a day that was previously hum-drum.   So I suppose the answer / advice here, is get a nice dry cleaner and change the channel on your radio when you valet. 

Now, off to hum " What a Feelin'" for the rest of the day .....



No comments:

Post a Comment